Not sure of how to Prepare for and Excel during your interview?
We are here to help! Although we cannot guarantee that all these questions will be asked, here are some tips and frequently asked questions to aid your preparation.
Before your interview
- Get enough rest! You must look fresh and awake to make a good first impression.
- Make sure you look presentable and clean.
- Do some research on the company so you can answer questions according to the context of the company.
- Turn off your cell phone before starting the interview.
- Prepare some answers to the frequently asked questions by interviewers.
What to wear to an interview?
- Business professional: In a business professional atmosphere, suits are the norm.
Women: Skirt or pants, blazer or suit jacket, button-down shirt and heels.
Men: Blazer or suit jacket, button down shirt, suit pants, a tie and dress shoes.
- Business casual: Forget the suit when interviewing at a business casual company
- Women: Conservative dress or blouse with skirt or dress pants and heels or flats.
Men: Pants, button-down or polo shirt and dress shoes.
- Casual: When interviewing at a casual office, it's still important to look polished and professional.
Women: Collared shirt with pants or a pencil skirt, or a work dress and flats or covered shoes.
Men: Polo shirt or collared shirt, long pants and covered shoes.
Things to note
- Avoid wearing shorts, t-shirt, slippers, singlet or anything suggestive to an interview.
- Try not to wear clothes that are not too striking. Keep it to a neutral colour like navy, white or grey.
- Try to keep the number of accessories to a minimum.
- If possible, try to cover up your tattoos.
- If you have multiple piercings, try to remove some.
- Make sure your nails are neatly trimmed and clean.
- For ladies, light make-up and minimal perfume.
- For Men, trim your beard neatly or make sure its cleanly shaven.
During the interview
- Be yourself!
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewer.
- Try not to fidget too much.
- Don’t be nervous.
- Don’t talk too quickly.
- Don’t be defensive.