A reputed consulting firm based in Southeast Asia that specializes in Asset Management, Naval Architecture, Offshore Engineering, Surveys and Software solutions to Marine, Offshore Oil & Gas and Petroleum industries.
- Write programs in a variety of computer languages, such as C++ and Java.
- Update and expand existing programs.
- Debug programs by testing for and fixing errors.
- Build and use computer-assisted software engineering (CASE) tools to automate the writing of some code.
- Use code libraries, which are collections of independent lines of code, to simplify the writing.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team members in cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Present ideas for system improvements.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing program solutions in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate a Passion & commitment to learn and grow in a team-based software development environment.
- Minimum Diploma/Degree holder in software development OR at least 1 years of relevant working experience.
- Maritime or Offshore Industry related experience would be an advantage.
- Good Mathematical reasoning.
- Ability to learn quickly and develop programs using commercial ‘off the shelf’ software platforms.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Eye for detail, identifying and solving problems.