Our Client: is a sole manufacturer of petro-chemical, pharmaceutical, electronic products as well as products for water treatment.
- Formulate and record work
instructions for mechanical and process equipment maintenance. (RA, EIA, QEWI)
- Document, implement and monitor
mechanical overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) to continuously improve the
effectiveness and efficiency of the plant operations.
- Data analysis for FMA on failed
or damaged equipment, evaluate and recommend solution after discussion with
superiors to overcome or prevent similar occurrence. Report generation and technical decision
making on maintenance works.
- Ensure general plant
maintenance such as landscaping, civil & structural works, general
cleanliness, air conditioning system, etc.
- Introduce, prepare a structural
cross-training program to train Engineers, Mechanical/Process Technicians,
Fitters and Assistant Fitters in mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Lead in industrial and motion
study on job procedures and work methods of processes Mechanical Engineers,
Technicians, Fitters and Assistant Fitters to increase productivity.
- Introduce Mechanical &
Process equipment spares listing including identification, sourcing, liaising,
evaluating, recommending and tagging definition. Assist in spares definition management.
- Undertake short-term/ long term
projects including feasibility study, implementation and monitoring of work
improvement and cost saving projects.
- Assist in tracking of
mechanical maintenance expenditure.
- Ensure supervised employees work in compliance to ISO system when
performing maintenance work.
- Identify and review new technology developments which could be
applicable in providing more cost-effective solutions
- Response to emergency call-up services.
- Ensure Legal compliance related mechanical maintenance activity
- Contractor evaluation and ensure compliance vendor /contractor
- Involve in managing work flow and resources to optimize manpower
- Involve in performance appraisal process and ranking exercise.
- Prepare annual budget and tracking the expenditure against the
- Participate in succession planning activities
- Ensure and responsible for all
mechanical staff to abide by work health safety rules & regulations of the
Company and the Ministry of Manpower, OSH and compliance with WSH act
- Manage, encourage and conduct
toolbox talk on a weekly basis.
- To actively involve in
achieving KPI, ISO objective and targets, OSH objective and targets
- Any other duties that may be
assigned by Management from time-to-time.
- Minimum qualification Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Chemical Manufacturing Plant