Industry Insights

Documents required for S Pass

Posted on 1/04/2021 by Paula Formantes


You need to upload documents (e.g. candidate’s educational certificates and passport page showing personal particulars).

You need to upload these documents when submitting an S Pass application:

  • Personal particulars page of candidate’s passport.

If the candidate’s name on the passport is different from their other documents, you must include either of the following:

  • Explanation letter and supporting documents, e.g. deed poll
  • An affidavit
  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with ACRA.
  • Candidate’s educational certificates, e.g. degree certificate. You need to upload additional documents for:

Diploma and above qualifications from

Additional documents required


Transcripts or mark sheets for all semesters stating the college attended


Verification proof from one of these sources:

  • Diploma: Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate from China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHSI)
  • Diploma and above: Global verification agencies, e.g. Dataflow, eeCheck, or Risk Management Intelligence (RMI)
  • Degree and above: China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Information (CDGDC)

Institutions not found in the application form’s drop-down list

Verification proof from a global verification agency, e.g. Dataflow, eeCheck, or RMI


We may ask for other documents when we review the application.

Note: For non-English documents, you must upload the original document together with an English translation as 1 file. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.

Requirements for verification proof

Employers are responsible for ensuring that their candidates’ qualifications are genuine and were awarded by accredited institutions.

If you’re asked for verification proof, it must meet these requirements:

  • Must confirm that the qualifications are genuine and were awarded by accredited institutions.
  • Must be from a global verification agency, e.g. Dataflow, eeCheck, or RMI.

Note: Educational certificates certified by a notary public are not accepted as a form of verification proof.

You need to upload additional documents for the following:

  1. For Regional Representatives of overseas companies

You need:

  • A copy of the approval letter from International Enterprise Singapore for setting up the representative office in Singapore.
  • A letter from the representative’s office headquarters stating:
    • The purpose of the application.
    • The duration of the candidate’s assignment.
    • A guarantee for the maintenance and repatriation of the candidate.


  1. For healthcare professionals, lawyers, football players, or coaches

You need supporting documents from the respective professional bodies:


Professional body


Singapore Dental Council

Diagnostic radiographer

Allied Health Professions Council


Singapore Medical Council

Emergency medical technician

Unit for Prehospital Emergency Care

A football player or coach

Sport Singapore


Legal Services Regulatory Authority


Singapore Nursing Board

Occupational therapist

Allied Health Professions Council


Unit for Prehospital Emergency Care


Singapore Pharmacy Council


Allied Health Professions Council

Radiation therapist

Allied Health Professions Council

Speech therapist

Allied Health Professions Council

TCM practitioner

Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board


  1. For employees in a food establishment

A copy of the food shop license issued by the Singapore Food Agency (SFA).

If you have a new establishment and don’t have the license yet, you can submit a copy of the “Application for Foodshop Licence” letter issued to you by SFA.

For more information on job vacancies, please contact +65 6334 4328 or email at