Posted on 30/03/2021 by Paula Formantes
Employers will have to pay a levy for your S Pass holder every month. Find out how to pay the levy and view bills online, and the penalties for late payment.
When and how to pay the levy
You must pay the levy via General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO).
If you don't have a GIRO account, apply for one using the GIRO application form. You will be notified of the outcome and start date of your GIRO deduction by post within one month.
You can check the status using ‘Check and pay levy’, two weeks after submitting the application.
After GIRO is approved
The levy for January 2017 will be deducted on 17 February 2017.
If you need to pay levy using other methods
You must pay the levy for each month by the 14th of the following month.
Note: It takes longer for us to process your payment when you pay using other methods.
View levy bills online
You can view your latest levy bill on the 6th of every month using ‘Check and pay levy’.
Penalties for not paying the levy
If you don’t pay the full levy on time, you may face these penalties:
- You’ll be charged a late payment penalty of 2% per month or $20, whichever is higher. Your total late payment penalty will be capped at 30% of the outstanding levy.
- Your existing S Passes will be revoked.
- Note: After clearing the arrears and fines, you may submit a new application for S Pass holders. Your S Pass holders must obtain new S Passes before they can continue to work.
- You won’t be allowed to apply for or issue S Passes, or renew existing S Passes.
- You may face legal action to recover the unpaid levy.
- If you, your partners, or directors head other companies, these companies may not be allowed to apply for S Passes.
For more information on job vacancies, please contact +65 6334 4328 or email at email@example.com