Posted on 20/03/2021 by Paula Formantes
Only eligible candidates will be considered for an S Pass. Criteria include a minimum salary of $2,500 and acceptable qualifications.
Who is eligible
The S Pass is for mid-skilled foreign employees (e.g. technicians) who meet these criteria:
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $2,500. The salary should reflect work experience. Older, more experienced applicants need higher salaries to qualify.
- Have a degree or diploma. We may consider technical certificates, such as courses for qualified technicians or specialists. The certification should require at least 1 year of full-time study.
- Have relevant work experience.
- From 1 October 2020, the minimum qualifying salary has been been raised to $2,500 for new applications. The qualifying salaries for older and more experienced S Pass candidates have been revised accordingly. The new salary criteria will apply to those renewing their S Passes if their passes expire from 1 May 2021.
Application for an S Pass is open to all nationalities.
- You cannot employ foreign workers to work at a food stall in a hawker centre, coffee shop, or food court. Such operations are small-scale and should be manned by owners or family members.
We do not accept qualifications from unaccredited institutions.
To check if an institution is accredited, you can use:
- Global verification agencies such as Dataflow or Risk Management Intelligence (RMI)
- International accreditation bodies
- Awarding country’s educational authorities
There is no list of approved institutions. Instead, by evaluating each application on its own merit, based on a wide range of factors such as the candidate’s salary, track records, work experience, skill sets and global and countries’ rankings of institutions.
Who can apply
An employer or authorized third party has to apply for a candidate’s S Pass.
We encourage you to use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to get an indication of whether an applicant meets the requirements. Candidates can also use the tool to assess their eligibility.
If the SAT shows that the candidate is not eligible, you shouldn’t apply for the S Pass because it will be rejected.
If the SAT shows that the candidate is eligible, there is around a 90% chance that the candidate will get a pass.
Passes for family members
Pass holders who have a fixed monthly salary of at least $6,000, are eligible for a Dependant’s Pass for their spouse and children.
Employers can submit the application together with the S Pass application or separately at a later date.
For more information on job vacancies, please contact +65 6334 4328 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org