Posted on 24/11/2020 by Paula Formantes
As of 30th Oct 2020, the requirements for pass holders entering Singapore who spent the last 14 consecutive days in:
- Mainland China (for arrivals in Singapore from 6 November 2020)
- New Zealand
- Victoria State (Australia) (for arrivals in Singapore from 6 November 2020)
And did not transit through other countries/regions, they must take a COVID-19 test upon arrival at the airport which are booked and paid by the employers ($300 including GST) before the pass holders arrive in Singapore. Otherwise, the company’s entry approval may be rejected.
After the test, pass holders must remain isolated in their accommodation until they have obtained a negative test result. If tested negative, they are not required to serve Stay-Home-Notice (SHN).
For the pass holders who spent the last 14 consecutive days in:
- Hong Kong
- Mainland China (for arrivals in Singapore before 6 November 2020)
- Malaysia, excluding Sabah
And did not transit through other countries/regions before entering Singapore, they must first serve a 7-day SHN at a:
- Suitable place of residence that is occupied by them or their family
Pass holders are not allowed to serve SHN in dormitories or in premises that are occupied by non-family members. Their SHN accommodation must also fulfill the prevailing SHN advisory and guidelines.
Secondly, take a COVID-19 test before SHN is over.
- They will get an SMS to inform them when to take the test
- Children who are 12 years old and below do not need to take the test
- Employers must pay for the test (up to $200 including GST)
For all other pass holders:
This includes pass holders who departed from, visited, or transited through any of these places within the last 14 days before entering Singapore:
- Sabah (Malaysia)
- Victoria State (Australia) (for arrivals in Singapore before 6 November 2020)
Pass holders who departed from or visited any of the following countries within the last 14 days before entering Singapore must take a COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test within 72 hours before departure:
They need to present a valid negative test result, in English and from recognized laboratories, to enter Singapore. The test memo must state the test result, date PCR test was taken, pass holders' particulars as indicated on their passport (date of birth, nationality, and passport number).
The pass holders must comply with the following upon arrival:
- Serve a 14-day SHN at a dedicated SHN facility.
- Once they arrive, they will be informed of the location and sent directly to the facility.
- For pass holders who meet certain conditions, you can request for them to serve their 14-day SHN at a place of residence during the entry approval application, instead of the dedicated SHN facilities.
- Take a COVID-19 test before their SHN is over.
- They will get an SMS to inform them when to take the test.
- Children who are 12 years old and below do not need to take the test.
- Employers must pay for the following:
- Stay at the dedicated SHN facility ($2,000 including GST)
- COVID-19 test (up to $200 including GST)
Criteria for pass holders to serve 14-day SHN at a place of residence:
During the entry approval application, for pass holders who meet all these conditions, you can request for them to serve their 14-day SHN at a place of residence, instead of the dedicated SHN facilities:
- Arriving in Singapore from 4 November 2020.
- Occupy the place of residence alone or only with household members, including any foreign domestic workers, with the same travel history, arrival date, and SHN duration. Pass holders are not allowed to serve the 14-day SHN in hotels.
- Spent the last 14 consecutive days in any of these places before entering Singapore, and did not travel to other countries/regions:
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
More details will be on MOH’s FAQ or contact the SHN helpline at +65 6812 5555.
For more information on job availabilities, please contact +65 6334 4328 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org